Our needs change as we move through different life stages and this video will cater for everybody, regardless of where you are in your investment journey.
Topics covered include;
Types of income (interest vs. dividend)
- Contribution to total return
- Impact on risk
- Tax implications
- Fixed (giving certainty) vs. variable
Role of income in accumulation vs. drawdown phase of your investment journey
- Importance of reinvestment
- Automatic reinvestment (total return ETFs) vs. manual reinvestment – pros and cons
- Sourcing income in (semi-)retirement from multiple sources
- Importance of having multiple asset pools prior to retirement
- Tax efficient structuring
- Comparative risk profiles of different asset pools (highest potential risk / seeking high capital growth should be in annuities and lowest risk should be in discretionary)
Nerina also referenced her earlier Power Hour, Pro-active passive management (with a working spreadsheet).
How do you make sense of the financial markets? How do you interpret the latest financial news? Where do you learn how financial instruments work? How can you learn to invest?
The JSE Power Hour started in 2011 with top industry experts presenting to private investors on financial issues closest to their heart. Power Hours were live presentations in Johannesburg, Durban or Cape Town and broadcast online. However, due to Covid-19 the Power Hours now take place virtually.
Image and article originally from justonelap.com. Read the original article here.