A whale with a lot of money to spend has taken a noticeably bearish stance on MercadoLibre.
Looking at options history for MercadoLibre MELI we detected 13 strange trades.
If we consider the specifics of each trade, it is accurate to state that 46% of the investors opened trades with bullish expectations and 53% with bearish.
From the overall spotted trades, 2 are puts, for a total amount of $105,560 and 11, calls, for a total amount of $850,660.
What’s The Price Target?
Taking into account the Volume and Open Interest on these contracts, it appears that whales have been targeting a price range from $850.0 to $1200.0 for MercadoLibre over the last 3 months.
Volume & Open Interest Development
Looking at the volume and open interest is a powerful move while trading options. This data can help you track the liquidity and interest for MercadoLibre’s options for a given strike price. Below, we can observe the evolution of the volume and open interest of calls and puts, respectively, for all of MercadoLibre’s whale trades within a strike price range from $850.0 to $1200.0 in the last 30 days.
MercadoLibre Option Volume And Open Interest Over Last 30 Days
Biggest Options Spotted:
|Symbol||PUT/CALL||Trade Type||Sentiment||Exp. Date||Strike Price||Total Trade Price||Open Interest||Volume|
Where Is MercadoLibre Standing Right Now?
- With a volume of 123,115, the price of MELI is up 6.52% at $1060.39.
- RSI indicators hint that the underlying stock may be overbought.
- Next earnings are expected to be released in 85 days.
What The Experts Say On MercadoLibre:
- Stifel has decided to maintain their Buy rating on MercadoLibre, which currently sits at a price target of $1000.
- Barclays has decided to maintain their Overweight rating on MercadoLibre, which currently sits at a price target of $1250.
- Credit Suisse has decided to maintain their Outperform rating on MercadoLibre, which currently sits at a price target of $1430.
- JP Morgan has decided to maintain their Overweight rating on MercadoLibre, which currently sits at a price target of $1350.
- Credit Suisse has decided to maintain their Outperform rating on MercadoLibre, which currently sits at a price target of $1470.
Options are a riskier asset compared to just trading the stock, but they have higher profit potential. Serious options traders manage this risk by educating themselves daily, scaling in and out of trades, following more than one indicator, and following the markets closely.
If you want to stay updated on the latest options trades for MercadoLibre, Benzinga Pro gives you real-time options trades alerts.
Image and article originally from www.benzinga.com. Read the original article here.